By Ian Richard Netton
Read or Download Al-Farabi and His School (Arabic Thought and Culture) PDF
Best religious & spiritual eastern philosophy books
A distinct reference paintings from the most important author on Yoga this present day, THE YOGA culture surveys the 5,000-year background of Hindy, Buddhistm, Jaina, and Sikh Yoga, that includes complete and partial translations of diverse key scriptures and over 2 hundred illustrations. it truly is thought of the vintage textual content on Yoga perform and historical past.
Wunderbar klar und hilfreich! Seit dem Erscheinen seines Bestsellers «Wu wei» erreichte Theo Fischer eine Flut von Leserbriefen mit Fragen zum Taoismus. Die zentralen Themenkomplexe hat er nun herausgefiltert und beantwortet sie in diesem Buch. Gleichzeitig widmet sich Theo Fischer auf der foundation seiner langjährigen Seminararbeit auch weiterführenden Aspekten des Taoismus.
Unlocking the secrets of Tantra—one of the main beautiful different types of Buddhism usually misunderstood, Tantrism specializes in a specific variety of meditation and formality. Having way more to do with the sacred than the sexual, Tantric Buddhism is assumed to have originated round the 5th Century advert within the wealthy cultural basin of Bengal and unfold in the course of the Asian global.
Ibn Tufayl (11051185) used to be an Andalusian courtier, thinker, Sufi grasp, and royal health practitioner to the Almohad Caliphs. He encouraged the 12th-century Andalusian insurrection opposed to Ptolemaic astronomy and during his sponsorship he was once additionally answerable for the occupation of the main popular Aristotelian of medieval occasions, Abu al-Walid Ibn Rushd (the Latin Averroes).
- The Cambridge Companion to Medieval Jewish Philosophy (Cambridge Companions to Philosophy)
- Early Advaita Vedanta Philosophy, Volume 1: Plain English Translations of the Gaudapada-karikas With a Summary of Shankara’s Commentary
- Rethinking Identity in Modern Japan: Nationalism as Aesthetics (Routledge/Asian Studies Association of Australia (ASAA) East Asian Series)
- The Kyoto School: An Introduction
- Muhammad Iqbal
- Sharing Poetic Expressions: Beauty, Sublime, Mysticism in Islamic and Occidental Culture: 6 (Islamic Philosophy and Occidental Phenomenology in Dialogue)
Extra info for Al-Farabi and His School (Arabic Thought and Culture)